Re: [atlarge-discuss] worldatlarge.org web site status report etc.

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:32:34 -0400, Sotiris Sotiropoulos
<sotiris@hermesnetwork.com> wrote:

>All,
>
>I have set up the Post-Nuke CMS at
>http://worldatlarge.org/index.php
>I will be adding some custom graphics as well as
>categories etc. tomorrow evening.  Comments are (and will
>be) welcome.

Great job, Sotiris. It looks nice.
We should avoid any possible confusion between registration to the site
and registration as member.
Also, we should think about the ongoing poll. Sometime it's useful,
sometime it's not. Maybe a poll page?

The small logo of phplive at bottom suggested me something like:
[ enhanced by | content empowered by ] ourname [ effort | initiative ]
for our friends' sites.

About ourname, while I agree that ICANN should be removed from, because
our scope is larger, I'm changing my mind about atlarge/at-large, which
at first it's not easy to understand outside english area.

On the other hand, it's virtually impossible to find a name or an
expression that sounds the same in every language, in major languages
too.
Everything this organisation will be, we will maintain a memory link to
our original intent.
To integrate Walter Schmidt's post you can check yourself WorldNet at:
http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn1.7.1
with the key at-large. Good enough to me.

Regards,
	giampaolo