RE: [atlarge-discuss] Report to the ERC from the ALAC-AG (2/2)

At 07:23 p.m. 20/08/2002 -0400, Judith Oppenheimer wrote:
> The problem with one man one vote is that the voice of the
> regions with the highest internet penetration may well
> drown all other voices, in a tyranny of the majority.

I am a minority in more ways than I care to share.  But I'll take my
chances.  One [wo]man, one vote.
It is the only legitimate way. Everything else is prone to abuse.
It is always the gerrymanderers, seeking special ways of tipping the balance, who cry "tyranny of the majority" instead of acknowledging the democracy of majority rule.

--Joop