Re: [atlarge-discuss] Supporting Organization

Good morning, Danny:

    I snipped the following from your message:

"Do you really care that the regulator of your phone
system wasn't elected if the phones work well and remain reliable?  Of
course
you don't."

    In the context that you used it, this is a powerful argument.  But I
must tell you, from experience, that when the phones don't work well and
remain reliable, and when the regulator is a political appointee bought and
paid for by the phone monopoly, I do care that there is no election process
available to correct this serious abuse of the user.

    I suspect that the great majority of Internet users and potential users
will find themselves in the same position as the above noted phone users.
Surely the democratic representation of that group is our "raison d'etre"

Ron Sherwood