RE: [atlarge-discuss] 003 WG-ID membership criteria

Joanna Lane

>So, to recap, the view from here is that at this early stage, only
>individuals who are willing to go through an ID process get votes, and not
>those hiding behind corporations or other organizations, and that WG-ID is
>being set up to help us clarify those issues and develop appropriate
>policies that first and foremost protect the public interest - not the
>corporate paymasters.

I'd even go so far as to say that, unless political exigencies mandate it,
we should permanently stick to real names.  For those in localities where
free speech could lead to jail time (or worse!), we probably need a
pseudonym process, where members can participate with a unique, consistent
"pen name" that protects their true identity.

Bruce Young
Advanced Desktop Services,  Nike Program
Lockheed Martin Information Technology
Phone: 503.532.9834
Fax: 503.532.2603
E-mail:  bruce.young@nike.com