RE: [atlarge-discuss] [WG-ID] Initial message

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

>I'm not particularly fond
>of this idea - I'd rather have a separate, publicly archived list not
>to flood everyone's mailboxes - but I guess this will be discussed
>today in the panel conf call. In the meantime I'd like to hear other
>opinions on this.

I'm of two minds on this.  On the one hand, like Vittorio I'd like to
unclutter my Inbox!  But on the other hand, one of the things ICANN did that
we railed most about was secret meetings.  So I understand the reasonable
demand that we keep the conversations open and on this forum.  I suppose a
separate list is acceptable for each WG, as long as any member has a right
to monitor any list they choose, even if not a member of the WG.  And then,
as Vittorio mentions, place them in a publicly accessible archive.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info