Re: [atlarge-discuss] Report to the ERC from the ALAC-AG (2/2)

> eric@hi-tek.com wrote:
>
> >  I am sorry but but people must read to use the internet,
> > except here in the US where for free we offer services for blind and
> > illiterate. I doubt they do elsewhere unless it is someone like me in a remote
> > Internet cafe with an interpreter writing messages to children for
> > grandparents.

the blind can use "accessibility" technology like O/S-Browser
combinations that allow them to focus in on certain parts of the screen
and zoom in really big (like a magnifying glass). Also, there are screen
readers which are kinda dumb, but can manage modern webpages about as
well as the text-based browser Lynx.

fyi,
-s