RE: [atlarge-discuss] FW: [atlarge-panel] 006 Name - TLD extension

Joanna Lane wrote:

>The problem I have on the TLD extension is (personally speaking) trying to
>justify why anybody would want to take away the only thing from our name
>that tells people where to find us.

I agree.  There is no good reason *not* to have the TLD as part of our
"brand identity."  At the very least, the domain and name should match,
e.g.: "World At Large" and worldatlarge.org.

As for worldatlarge.com being a domain reseller, I note that they are now
calling themselves Tangy Domain Names, using http://www.tangy.com/ as their
primary URL -- worldatlarge.com just redirects to their new identity.
Perhaps they might me amenable to selling or donating it to us?
Particularly if we agree to use a "splash page" for several months telling
them "This URL now belongs to . . .  If you're looking for . . . click here
to go to http://www.tangy.com.";

>For those who may only just be coming online, it is
>far from an outdated concept, it is the at the forefront of innovation, and
>unlike us, who can always run to google, our growth may have to rely on
word
>of mouth and one person typing it into a browser in an internet cafe.

Indeed!  We always have to be thinking about Eric's shoeshine boys (and my
in-laws)!  :)

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info