[atlarge-discuss] RE: "Efforts" since elected and all that jazz...

>  I wished to co-ordinate the WG on Incorporation & Funding but
> when I asked you about progress on that area, you not only
> refused to inform me, you politely offered to find someone else
> to co-ordinate!!! You have not yet bothered to reply to my email
> a full week after I asked you about the Incorporation and Funding issues!
>  Satyajit Gupta.

Dear Satya,
You refer to a private exchange between us, which protocol prevents me from
publishing here, but was instigated by you in the form of a note advising me
that you were ill and would be unable to continue in the role of Panel
Coordinator for the Incorporation and Funding WG. I do not disagree that I
politely offered to find someone else to coordinate, but perhaps due to your
illness, you have not quite fully appreciated that none of the WG's have
commenced yet for lack of tech support, in particular, dedicated mailing
lists.

Also for the record, and contrary to what you have stated, the
teleconference was not my idea, it was YJ Park's and arranged by her on her
own initiative during my absence whilst moving, but I certainly cooperated
with arrangements because I believe people are entitled to self-organize as
they see fit.

The meeting was fully reported, and since then I have followed up with Vivek
Durai's suggestion to use IP Telephony instead of Teleconferences, and
specifically, www.unchat.com. In fact, I had a lengthy conversation by phone
this morning with John Friedlander, and certainly the system sounds
wonderful, but unfortunately, it is proprietary and he was unwilling to give
me any demonstration unless there is a reasonable prospect of a sale. The
license costs for 500 users is US$12,500.00, for 1000 members, $15,000. I
spent probably an hour with him, at personal expense of time and money,
trying to persuade him to make the software available to us free of charge.
He firmly declined.

I would ask you please not to post to me privately again. I would rather our
exchanges were kept in full view of the Membership from now on.

Regards,
Joanna