[atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] RE: "Efforts" since elected and all that jazz...

On Wed, 04 Sep 2002 15:08:56 -0400, you wrote:

>The meeting was fully reported, and since then I have followed up with Vivek
>Durai's suggestion to use IP Telephony instead of Teleconferences, and
>specifically, www.unchat.com.

About this specific point... I'm not particularly fond of IP
Teleconferences and I've not actually tried them very often, but even
many years ago there was a lot of software that allowed you to telecon
using a microphone connected to your computer (and even a webcam if
you have it) and your IP connection. (With a dialup connection things
might not work so well due to lack of bandwidth, and there might be
problems if you're behind a firewall, but we might give it a try.)

Or, even simpler, we could simply create a private IRC channel
wherever we want and use that for text-based discussions. This is
actually a "proposal" for record purposes ;-) If others agree, setting
it up could be very quick.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------