[atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] WG-WEB: responses to Jamie

What I'm trying to say is that in the world of democratic politics, a "minority" may get the highest number of votes, but the democratic will of the people may be expressed through a "coalition" of smaller parties.

Eg : Imagine a UK election where

Conservatives 40%
Labour 31%
LibDem 16%

Clearly a coalition *could* be formed to outvote the Conservative group

The same may apply with regard to our name vote (we just don't know without a clarifying poll)

I believe you'd find a majority coalition in favour of jettisoning the "minority" ICANN name

I don't actually think icannatlarge.org is REALLY the name most of our membership wants.

And as the name doesn't even resolve, and as the owner of the name would prefer an alternative anyway - why do we stick with an (arguably) non-working non-accessible non-popular name?

I argue the majority of voters did NOT want the name we've been landed with.

And then there's the legality issue, which has yet to unfold

Richard