Re: [atlarge-discuss] Our New Name Isn't...

If the preferred name is no longer available as is the case then yes we should
implement the second preference.  Lets not spend more time on this than we need
to.  Personally I don't care much either way.

What I think we need to concentrate on is how to minimise the time that ALAC
spends as board appointed to being bottom up appointed.  There is no doubt with
1,000 members we are in the best position to lead the charge here.

Another issue worth looking at is whether we should form a sub grouping of
members who are domain name holders and petition for recognition as a GNSO
constituency.  I believe that the grounds which IDNO got rejected on would not
apply here and that this organisation offers the best chance of getting an
individual registrants voice in the GNSO.

To make this happen we need to progress the issue of a constitution quickly.
This is my area of so called expertise and if someone can point me to the right
direction I am happy to provide input into these.  I also believe that I could
arranage for such a constitution to be legally incorporated so that we have
limited liability as members.

The ICANN Board is about to come to the conclusion that the only thing wrong
with ICANN is that users have had too much say and that Verisign and other
registries and registrars have had not enough say.  The GA is about to be
abolished so this mailing list may be the last forum for individual
participation in ICANN.  We have a good panel and chair now so lets make things
happen.

DPF