Re: [atlarge-discuss] Our New Name Isn't...

> Look, could someone PLEASE clarify this situation?

> We are lumbered with a name which most people didn't want

So why did more than 1000 people sign up to this ICANNatlarge list, and many
even pledged to donate funds, once the structure has done its initial
organizing job?

> We are lumbered with a name which doesn't resolve

This is really a problem, and it has to be clarified soon.

But I can share one observation: I discussed with a number of people who
subscribed to the ICANNatlarge list out of concern for democratic control - but
most of them don't care or don't understand some of the differences discussed
here on the list why it is a problem to have the web site under a .com or a
.org domain. I would prefer .org - but if this is screwed up, .com is quite
OK for me and surely for many of those who opted to give their name and to
pledge some money to ICANNatlarge (whatever the domain of the web site).

Norbert

--
Norbert Klein
Open Forum of Cambodia: www.forum.org.kh