[atlarge-discuss] For the record

Yesterday I sent the following to the Panel, but it has not passed Thomas' censorship.

Dear Panel members,

First , welcome Bruce and Edmundo. I hope you will add your weight to the Panel.
This is a critical time to be alert.

There are no written bylaws as yet. The icannatlarge is now wide open to capture by people who will subsequently write the rules. You all have a limited opportunity to prevent this and write the rules collectively.

A beginning has been made with the Voting procedure motion. Bravo Hans.

I am very concerned that Jamie would like to exclude the webmaster from the Panel list at this time and limit discussion about control to a small subgroup with unelected members.

I am concerned that that there is talk in that subgroup about the Forum being "controversial".

This sets off alarm bells.

It is essential that all Panel members are aware of what is happening with the website and especially with the editorial control over it.

I am again pleading with you to adopt webmaster Rules (see Charter draft in the Forum), that will put you all firmly in charge of content and to make sure that you will have the power to immediately get rid of a webmaster who flouts your rules.

It is absolutely necessary to have rules in place before you appoint a webmaster.

You must elect a Chair as soon as possible to be the point of contact and your authority with your webmaster and you must write the limits of that Chair's mandate first.

Otherwise you get a repeat of what happened with your last Chair.

I can be of help with my experience with the IDNO to help you drafting democratic rules and I am asking you to give your individual vote on inviting the webmaster on the Panel list (without voting rights, of course) so that another , potentially less transparent list is unnecessary.

If this needs to be done formally by one of you to present the Panel with a seconded motion first, then please follow such procedure.

[ ] invite
[ ] ban

Thomas, please do not stop this letter from appearing in the Panel list archive.
*******

--Joop