Re: [atlarge-discuss] Shanghai

> Good point and therein lies the issue.
> Also who is going to say it.
> I definitely did not vote for an external spokesperson.
> As a member of this group I would be deeply disturbed by someone
> representing us at this point.
> Urgency is counterbalanced by prudence,  there is nothing at Shanghai that
> is not predetermined by staff.

No problem with prudence. But prudence is one thing, and inactivity another.

Everything predetermined by (ICANN) staff? Not quite - there is the very
detailed statement of the DoC telling the ICANN board where it wants to see
change during the next year.

Shanghai is the first occasion for the ICANN board and its constituencies to
face this challenge.

> Let us grow in legitimacy and strength before we set our policies to the
> outside world.
> We have had no vote on our positions with ICANN

We had no vote - unfortunately true, because we did not discuss the issues
for which more than 1000 people signed up to this ICANNatlarge group.

--
Norbert Klein
Open Forum of Cambodia: www.forum.org.kh