RE: [atlarge-discuss] Domain Name: icannatlarge.org

Norbert Klein wrote:

|  I would really appreciate if attacks on Joop's "not handling over etc."
|  would stop until the Panel has adopted Webmaster Rules with due process.

I agree.  Even if you may question his actions, I don't think his motivation
is other than to make sure the Web site isn't captured.  I haven't always
agreed with Joop (or anyone else in this organization for that matter, as
opinionated as I am!), but I respect that his heart is in the right place,
and that he believes in the same goals of an open organization run by
concensus that we all do.  However, ICANN has left us looking for
conspiracies behind every bush (which was true withg them!), and Joop has
often been the unfortunate target of more than his fair share of these.

I say yet again: the Panel needs to get some interim rules in place
concerning Web site change-over and maintenance, and should ensure the forms
are followed.  These interim rules would be just that, temporary working
rules until final rules are codefied as part of the bylaws (which, I hope
some group is working on furiously as I type this!).

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info