Re: [atlarge-discuss] What is our Mission?

Richard:

    Thank you for so eloquently presenting the methodology by which we may
achieve our goals, without forcing the divisive choice of an ICANN
relationship.

    The dual (multiple) strategy approach is not only workable, but has an
inherent "inclusiveness" that should establish a symbiotic relationship
between all @large factions.  I have long believed that the atlarge.org
domain name would provide the ideal umbrella for the "chapter" approach to a
global organization. I also believe that the chapter model is the only model
that is viable in a global environment.

    Have you had the opportunity to discuss with Marc, whether he would
donate the atlarge.org domain name for this purpose?

    Will the organizing Panel consider this approach? Or does the Panel
believe that we must make the decision to work "with ICANN" or  "against
ICANN"?

    If our elected organizing Panel has made the decision that IcannAtLarge
(the group that most of us think we belong to), with its domain name
icannatlarge.org, is the boundary of their mandate, they are likely to stay
embroiled in the ICANN relationship issue. Under this scenario, either
decision will be the wrong decision for many of our members.

    If, on the other hand, the Panel adopts the larger vision that this
organization can include the disparate viewpoints and strategies of a global
membership, then they can work to create a parent structure to coordinate,
guide, facilitate and represent the many @large chapters that will surely
evolve in this fertile space.

Ron