Re: [atlarge-discuss] Democracy and it's Borders

James and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Jkhan wrote:

>    Jeff:
>
> Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your commentaries in small doses ;-]

  Your of course, very welcome.  >;)

> >  I am not sure what you mean by "Sub Domains"?
>
> In this case Sub-Domains are used as a unique identifier. For example
> the http://www.Navaho Nation.Arizona.Atlarge.com, here you have a
> group identified as the Navaho. in the state of Arizona. and member of
> the Atlarge.

  Hummm?  Well I thought that "Members" are those that would be
individuals,
not a DN?  Would you really be meaning http://www.Navaho
Nation.Arizona.Atlarge.com
denotes a "Chapter" in which Navaho tribal members may join this chapter

of their own for and Atlarge "Chapter" of ICANNATLARGE.ORG?

> The variation is also true, http://Arizona.Navaho Nation.Atlarge.com
> here the Arizona. members the Navaho Nation. of the Atlarge. are
> identified.

  Ah, ok.  This sounds a little bit more self explanatory.  However is
this
a "Chapter" or ICANNATLARGE.ORG or it supposed to be
 it's own Atlarge organization?

> The right to left classifier can be confusing.

  That was my point in part that something like perhaps
Navaho-atlarge.org
or Navahoatlarge.org, or Navaho-atlarge.us or Navahoatlarge.us for an
example of a ccTLD name space designation.  Even a more engaging
example might be Basque-atlarge.es/basqueatlarge.es would more
explicatory as to what I was trying to make the comparison along the
lines
of what Jefsey has suggested as potential "Chapters" or other
independent
Atlarge organizations and at the same time help distinctly the cultural
differences
within those countries in which such distinctions would be or could be
appropriate.

> Jeff, In my opinion (and I maybe wrong) the ccTDLs classification
> system is limiting. Consider this:

  Look again at some of my examples above and consider...

> There are 961 unique Languages (fyi: Microsoft publishes 57 of these
> in MUIs / Multilingual User Interface pacs) , I had last counted (see:
> http://www.worldlanguage.com/Languages/  ) . There are also a great
> number of Nations, for example consider the Nations of the American
> Indians.

  American indians are not nations per se except to the reservations of
American indians to which they may pertain.  None the less each tribe
can use the dotUS ccTLD for their atlarge presence or site designation,
as well as the .ORG gTLD...
More Examples would possibly be:
Hopi-atlarge.us/Hopiatlarge.us - For ccTLD's presence if desired
and Hopi-atlarge.org/Hopiatlarge.org - For gTLD presence if desired
Navahoatlarge.us/Navaho-atlarge.us - For ccTLD's presence if desired
Navahoatlarge.org/Navaho-atlarge.org For gTLD presence if desired

> People identify themselves by the language they speak and groups they
> identify with. 'They' choose to put "Construction" upon this.

  Hummm?  I didn't know that for instance the Bavarian Germans did
this...???
Nor the Cajun Americans...  ???  But your right is some instances such
as
the examples I provided above such as:
Hopi-atlarge.us/Hopiatlarge.us - For ccTLD's Hopi American Indian Tribe
and Hopi-atlarge.org/Hopiatlarge.org - For gTLD Hopi American Indian
Tribe
Navahoatlarge.us/Navaho-atlarge.us - For ccTLD's Navaho American Indian
Tribe
Navahoatlarge.org/Navaho-atlarge.org For gTLD Navaho American Indian
Tribe
Basque-atlarge.es/basqueatlarge.es For Basque-Spanish ccTLD
Basque-atlarge.org/basqueatlarge.org - For Basque-Spanish gTLD

  And it would seem that due to the shortness these examples would be
more easily rememberable and shorter to type into your browser in
the case a member does not have them bookmarked..

> Countries are bound by their geographies, thus so are the ccTDLs.
>
> The possibilities are as Boundless; as one person / one voice. However
> our goal* is to be united in the 'Recognition' of this, the respectful
> opportunity of having recognition to the point of, one person one
> voice. [* Utopian]

  No one person one voice and vote!  ANd not hardly [*Utopian].  As
and american that just recently exercised my right to VOTE on Nov. 3rd
in which in Texas there were a number of referendum things to vote
upon such as reduction of property tax, I hardly consider such a
right and (duty IMHO) [*Utopian]!  >;)

  That said again of course there are amongst our members some that
would find such a concept, [*Utopian]...

> >Do you mean 3rd level Domain names for this structure for chapters by
> country or region?
>
> Yes & No, as I refer to my comments above, we must agree to find a
> level which supports a 'Manageable' system, that is inclusive by
> nature. I think 'Nation-States' are a good starting point.

  Well maybe a starting point for discussion, yes.  But we need a
definite
preferred direction, else we wind up like the ISOC newzeland chapter...

> Addendum:  I would also like to point out that there is a danger of
> loosing many of our 'Linguistic species and Tribal Nations' if they
> are not included, and overlooked.

  Not to worry, I do allot of business with my fellow American Indian's
in a number of their tribes...