Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [wg-web] managing our site

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:30:31 -0800, you wrote:

>The reason I was selected to be the webmaster was because the panel knew
>that I wouldn't use the web site as a personal platform to get my own
>viewpoints across. I was not asked to write any text for the site, and in
>fact, the panel had an expectation that I would not write any text for the
>site or take any independent editorial initiative. My only job is to take
>news and announcements, approved by the panel, and post them to the web
>site. Whenever the Chair has sent me something and asked that it be posted
>to the web site, it has been posted *very* promptly.
>
>I personally don't care whether I'm the webmaster or not. If the panel wants
>to change directions, fine with me.

Your editorial work is great (not just here - in general) so I would
be more than happy if you continued doing it, and even started writing
editorial content for our site on your own (though I imagine your
available time is not much). However, we need to find some other
people who can do some other work on the site - for example, technical
enhancements. This is why I'd like to give other people (yet to be
identified) access to the site. An alternative is that you coordinate
these other people's work, but I imagine you don't have enough free
time for this.
--
vb.            [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<---