[atlarge-discuss] Alex suggests Censorship to: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Killing ICANNAtLarge by division

ALex and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Alexander Svensson wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> the latest developments are truly sad for this organization.
> The domain icannatlarge.COM under control of Joop Teernstra
> now carries the following message:
>
> | Our original website is back on line.
> |
> | Our Forum is back on-line too, with the full content intact.
> | Icannatlarge.org is now on its own and the two sites
> | icannatlarge.org and icannatlarge.com will now start to diverge.
> |
> | We intend to do this in a democratic way in accordance with
> | the will of the majority of our members.
> |
> | For this we will utilize the facilities of the Polling Booth
> etc. etc.
>
> In other words, the original website has been hijacked by a
> "proactive webmaster" while the current panel members still
> haven't decided to stop the flood of meaningless INEGroup
> nonsense on the list.

  The flood from those claiming falsely to be members of INEGroup
has taken a significant nose dive in case you haven't noticed sense
I activated the EM Bot, ALex.  It is indeed unfortunate that we
have a few members that wish to engage in such utter nonsense.
I agree also that the Web Site was indeed hijacked in a sense,
as has been the Panel.  However the Panel has a very specific
mandate of which it has yet to complete any the work items that
pertain to that mandate.  However list censorship is not amongst those
tasks in the Panel mandate.

> I remember the outcries when the At Large Study Committee
> announced to close their list. I remember sniding remarks about
> Thomas Roessler's organization providing this list for free.
> Now, the list is unusable and the site is divided (with most
> links pointing to the hijacked site), and there are still
> people declaring that what remains of this organization is
> the only legitimate voice of users.

  Well the list should never have been hosted by Thomas in the first
place.
However sense it is an most members are familiar with it, I believe it
should remain in operation or be moved to ICANNATLARGE.ORG
Domain and server as soon as possible.  If Thomas no longer wishes
to host the Discuss mailing list, that is understandable of course..

> I ask Joop to remove me from the membership list of the
> hijacked site, and I ask the panel members to either turn this
> list into a rules-based list or to start another list with
> daily posting limits and restrictions for off-topic postings.

  You suggestion is a very bad idea because the Mailing list
is the main source of communications for the members and your
suggestion smacks of censorship.  CENSORSHIP IN ANY OF IT'S
CORMS IS WRONG!  Hence I would strongly suggest that
no posting limit be imposed, but that only members and guests
be allowed to post without limit or any such censorship rules
that the members do not vote upon in the majority...