Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [wg-bylaws] Re: [atlarge-panel] votesabout to be called

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Ron Sherwood wrote:

>     I would love to see us capable of handling your method of addressing
> both ends of the spectrum.  Unfortunately, the past year's experience
> indicates that we cannot handle disparate viewpoints at any level.

   ...or perhaps it indicates the difficulties in trying to synthesize
disparate views into one...

>     What you have suggested is a fine vision that I totally approve of.
> Please show me how you plan to make it work.

   ...an idea

I'm putting this together too quickly - if we really want to do it, I am
willing to devote days or weeks to the planning phase. For now, nine key
points in how we can develop an organization (apex of the pyramid - the
umbrella organization) that will allow the PROs and CONs to both feel at
home.

 - We look how others have done this - UNESCO keeps coming to mind.
 - We foster the identification of PROs and CONS and STAFF champions.
 - We provide STAFF support, allowing the PROs and CONs to provide the
LINE perspective.
 - We establish relations amongst all internal and selected external
activities.
 - We promote the understanding of all PROs and CONs activities, to the
extent they concur.
 - We furnish unbias PROs and CONs information.
 - We encourage ongoing communications amongst PROs and CONs and related
activities.
 - We provide detail POINT OF VIEW information that is either not bias, or
is bias but we then provide both side's BIAS POVs.
 - We develop organizational Documents/Information that is prepared from a
STAFF not a LINE perspective.

What we do not do is NOT have a detail plan - many points of which have
already been provided.

 --- REgards, walts@dorsai.org Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(.) ---
 - -              Online since CompuServe's MicroNET           ^  ---
 - -        Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Media Center Edition       - -
 ---                Associate Expert - Expert Zone                ---
 - -        http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/        ---
 - - 52 Ken          http://www.dorsai.org/~walts/         Sun 57 - -