Re: [atlarge-discuss] the root and the terror

----- Original Message -----
From: Holger Steiner <h.steiner@scharr.de>
Cc: <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 7:11 AM
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] the root and the terror

> Is it the purpose of the possible future bombing to terrorise and
> demoralise the civilian population of Iraq?
>
> Then it would be wrong.
>
> Otherwise they are the victims of acceptable collateral damage.
>
> greetings
> Holger

Will it be "acceptable" to *them* ?

And why do people these days use the hygienic term "collateral damage" for
the reality of bombing wholly innocent people?

Over 80% of people here in Britain do NOT want this war to go ahead (unless
the case becomes so persuasive that the UN itself endorses it, then the
figure drops to 65%.

Please note that Tony Blair does NOT have the backing of the British people
for this war.

If you really don't like Saddam, just kill him. Don't tell me the CIA isn't
capable of that. Meanwhile, as far as the recipients of our "terror" is
concerned, it will certainly *feel* like "terror" to them, and that's REALLY
going to help discourage future terrorists isn't it?

I won't post any more comments on this thread, because it's hard to justify
on this mailing list really!

Richard H