Re: [atlarge-discuss] the root and the terror

Richard and all

Richard Henderson wrote:

> [...]

  I doubt it.  That really isn't all that important in the bigger picture
of things though...  If it is not acceptable the civilian population
than they should know by now what they need to do or can do.

> And why do people these days use the hygienic term "collateral damage" for
> the reality of bombing wholly innocent people?

  It's a political term.

> Over 80% of people here in Britain do NOT want this war to go ahead (unless
> the case becomes so persuasive that the UN itself endorses it, then the
> figure drops to 65%.

  Yes, but your leadership recognizes that it must support the US.  And
like our president Roosevelt did in WWII for Churchill, Tony Blair and the
UK Parliament will do so for the US now.

> Please note that Tony Blair does NOT have the backing of the British people
> for this war.

  So noted.

> If you really don't like Saddam, just kill him. Don't tell me the CIA isn't
> capable of that.

  I am telling you that the CIA isn't capable of that, cannot under US
law, cannot do political assisination.  In fact the CIA hasn't had such
capabilities for a number of years/decades as the CIA was unable
to Kill Castro, even though they tried a number of times...

> Meanwhile, as far as the recipients of our "terror" is
> concerned, it will certainly *feel* like "terror" to them, and that's REALLY
> going to help discourage future terrorists isn't it?

  Now this is a good question.  I don't have an answer.

> I won't post any more comments on this thread, because it's hard to justify
> on this mailing list really!

  Thank you...