[atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] PROPOSAL: that an election is called for a new Panel

I understand your point Jefsey.

I'm hanging in with this panel, to try to represent the membership views. I
believe there is sufficient evidence that the membership wants a new Panel
now, not in July (when the next election is due).

However, I will abide by process, and the Panel has to decide this issue for
iself by majority decision. I'm just saying I believe the evidence indicates
our members want new elections, and I think we should respect that wish.

However, if you feel a private Poll is insufficient evidence, then I think
we should conduct an official vote to define this clearly to your
satisfaction.

I am just following the logic of >> bottom up democracy >> apparent wishes
of the majority >> defining those wishes (I think the Poll did this, but I'm
happy with a full vote) >> act on democratic wishes of membership

I can't see any just reason not to respond to what the membership wants, and
the Poll at least signals that they probably *do* want this.

Richard