[Fwd: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] I PROPOSE OREGON, USA]

--- Begin Message ---
Jeff Williams wrote:

>   You are quite correct that we need to be realistic.  Cost, and
> how we pay those costs is very relevant to being realistic.  This
> is a point I have tried diligently to stress for some time on this
> forum for this fledgling organization.  To put it again bluntly,
> WE NEED FUNDING, AND A FUNDING MODEL
> ASAP, if we are going to be realistic.  Again though I will
> stress and repeat, that such funding/funds, are not all that
> difficult to obtain if the members are willing to do a little
> actual work, door knocking, ect..  Also as I have already
> done a minimal amount of said Door knocking, and been
> able to collect some funds earmarked for this fledgling
> organization.

Jeff, whenever you talk about FUNDING, I get nervous - and whenever
you say that you have been a fund-raiser, I reach for my wallet and GRIP
IT TIGHT!  I need not mention this, of course, to the folks with any
longevity on this mailing list, but there always is a chance of there being
someone new here.  So I feel obliged to speak up, as I have before.  I advise
anyone about to send his money to anything having a connection with Jeff
Williams, to FIRST ask the question, Who is this person?

I know your initial inclination is to respond to me with a screen-full of
URLs.  Please don't bother.  I don't have time to follow them up.  Instead,
do some out-of-the-box thinking, on how you can raise your credibility
quotient.