Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] I PROPOSE OREGON, USA

Jan,

Jan Siren wrote:

> Jeff Williams wrote:
>

> >   You are quite correct that we need to be realistic.  Cost, and
> > how we pay those costs is very relevant to being realistic.  This
> > is a point I have tried diligently to stress for some time on this
> > forum for this fledgling organization.  To put it again bluntly,
> > WE NEED FUNDING, AND A FUNDING MODEL
> > ASAP, if we are going to be realistic.  Again though I will
> > stress and repeat, that such funding/funds, are not all that
> > difficult to obtain if the members are willing to do a little
> > actual work, door knocking, ect..  Also as I have already
> > done a minimal amount of said Door knocking, and been
> > able to collect some funds earmarked for this fledgling
> > organization.
> >

> Jeff, whenever you talk about FUNDING, I get nervous - and whenever
> you say that you have been a fund-raiser, I reach for my wallet and GRIP
> IT TIGHT!

  I am sorry to here/read this.  :(

>  I need not mention this, of course, to the folks with any
> longevity on this mailing list, but there always is a chance of there being
> someone new here.  So I feel obliged to speak up, as I have before.  I advise
> anyone about to send his money to anything having a connection with Jeff
> Williams, to FIRST ask the question, Who is this person?

  And that is a very good question to ask anyone that is a fund raiser
or
in the process of raising funds.  I know I do!

> I know your initial inclination is to respond to me with a screen-full of
> URLs.  Please don't bother.  I don't have time to follow them up.  Instead,
> do some out-of-the-box thinking, on how you can raise your credibility
> quotient.

  I don't have a credibility quotient problem that I am aware of in any
real
sense of that term.  Sure, I freely admit, and have admitted many times
before,
there are those in conjunction with ICANN that have a false and
disgruntled
opinion of me.  However that has worked in my favor within the current
Bush administration, and the former Clinton administration, and have
very good references from both that I have posted on occasion to various
ICANN related forums amongst other forums.  I am frequently requested
personally to aid in fund raising for a number of various organizations,
including even constituencies of ICANN.

  However be all of this as it may, I will answer any and all questions
honestly and directly put to me from anyone unless it infringes on
a member of our organizations privacy, or an anonymous donor to
our organization or any other organization that I have in the past
three years aided in fund raising...  So Jan, if you have any questions
to ask me, you have my E-Mail address, and two phone numbers by
which I can be reached.  SO feel free to ask anytime via either, or
if you are in the Dallas area I would be happy to set aside some
time to chat with you mano a mano if you so choose.  >:)