Re: [atlarge-discuss] Judyth and Jan, voting method

Dear Jan,
First, so you feel at ease:
- I will NOT be a candidate
- I will set-up the second polling solution we need è asap if needed, professionnally othewise.

Now, there are three different aspects.
1. legitimacy
2. the list
3. the procedure

legitimacy
What Vittorio did was to try to kill for ever everything we clumsily built. Why, because if we start accepting once a breach in legitimacy we have no reason why to refuse next time. So this election must be under the control of the Panel - or it is a new system and nothing will prevent anyone to do it again and to mare us again and again as it happened with IDNO. This is why I will not be a candidate and will develop a voting solution: to ensure continuity.

The list.
I have an old list at some stage in my Panelist capacoty. I did not open it. Today only Vittorio, Bruce and me are legitimate in having that list, because people registered in an organization not in Joop's, Judyth's or Jan's hands. Since Vittorio, Bruce and me in different ways have asked you and Judyth to get the list and be watchdog and accepted it, you are legitimate watchdogs. However Bruce and me should be copied the list for things to be clean and clear, since three on five authorized owners are not having it.

The procedure
I do not like the way Joop does not make work his system with a click and vote link. I do not like the fact that he wants only 2 trustees. I wish 5 and with good programming skills. Both for my own tranquility as a voter and for their own sake (so no one says that one is pro-this one etc.) So if there are 5 watchdog I am OK for Joop. My opinion is that no system qualifies if a candidate is involved.

I am no candidate. For reasons I gave yesterday. I want to be a watchdog.
I certainly support Joop as a candidate and I will organize the vote should he be.
I certainly support Joop's booth for a vote (it would save me a lot of time right now).

jfc

On 14:58 28/02/03, Jan Siren said:

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> Dear Judyth and Jan,
> Do not misconstrue my remark on the voting method. Joop and everyone agree
> the vote should be carried by a third party (hopefully DNSO if one shot),
> or if no other simple way though the Booth with trustees if they feel at
> ease. No one, I think, may unfortunately take seriously Vittorio's solution
> because it was the first thing I suggested him to do when I nominated him
> for Chair against ... Joanna, and his only response ever since was "not the
> time".
>
> If we have no other solution, here is what I proposed Bruce and we feel we
> can manage (anyone welcome to code the CGI.

Jefsey, I cannot in good conscience endorse any particular procedure that I
haven't had an opportunity to "dry-run."  As is the case with this new
scheme.  My promise to do my best is no guarantee of success.  I have raised
this concern previously with Joop regarding his Polling Booth, and have (with
some hesitation) consented to give watchdogging a try, having participated in
one Polling Booth cycle as a voter.  (And having then perceived certain flaws
and subsequently reported them to him.)

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.