Re: [atlarge-discuss] WHAT MOST MEMBERS WANT

At 08:09 p.m. 3/04/2003, Stephen Waters wrote:

There's no reason why people couldn't register with several unique
emails, names, and user/pass.
That is true. But for the moment the members' list does not show any evidence of it.

We still have the safety of being too unimportant for deliberate fraud and our problems are more likely to stem from voting for the wrong candidate because of insufficient information about him (and falling for his nice words instead of his actions), then getting the wrong candidate due to ballot box fraud.

Anyway, if wanted, the PB can still be used to generate and send multiple messages with unique passwords, even if the passwords are then used to identify an email ballot.

With AOL and other funky proxying, you
have to ignore IPs in web voting anyway unless there is a seriously
strong correlation.
 Can you explain?

-joop-