[atlarge-discuss] Logorrhea Re: [atlarge-discuss] Panel Motion Passed! On toElections!

At 20:06 -0800 2003/04/04, Jeff Williams wrote:
>> You will see that the mini-ballot
>> option chosen by a majority of those members who chose to vote
>> called for me to hold the information on behalf of the group
>> for use in the conduct of elections.
>
>  Indeed true.  However that ballot was not one that was of
>any official nature or approved by the majority of the participating
>mambers.  Hence,as such has no standing legally.

In case you had forgotten, Jeff, this group has no legal standing
either. Nor, in fact, does its Interim Panel or the ex-Chair who
tried to circumvent it by sending the files to me instead of
the Panel members to whom it should have gone in the first place.

All I did, in fact, was exact a promise from the remaining
members of the outgoing Interim Panel that they would indeed
act *jointly* to call for the elections the members had demanded,
as they had already agreed to do but had not acted upon together
as they were supposed to.

>  Also I agree and have always agreed with this.  However again
>the Ex-Panel no longer officially exists.  Hence such does not
>let you our of the responsibility of honering your Pledge.  This
>you did no do.  Therefore you violated your pledge and
>in doing so endangered the members privacy and security,
>expossed if not made certain, that a number of the members to
>potential great harm unecessarly and irresponsively.

As an individual member, I am no more obligated towards you or
any other member than any other person would be. I neither
collected the membership list, requested it, used or misused it,
nor exposed anyone to anything they were not *already* exposed
to by the fact that others had the list and FTP access password.
(Heck, I never even opened the membership files!)

Whatever "great potential harm" exists to an individual by virtue
of having registered with personal information on an unsecured
Web site operated by an unincorporated bunch of miscellaneous
malcontents, every one of the registered members accepted that
risk when they registered. I have nothing to do with building,
maintaining or administering the Web site and never had. The
people who are (at least technically) responsible for those
things are the elected members of the Interim Panel -- and they
are the very people to whom I gave the files.

I still maintain that a vote to hold new elections does not absolve
elected Panelists from the duty to arrange for the elections.
Nobody *voted* to give me those files or to withhold them from
the remaining Panelists -- that was a unilateral decision by
Vittorio.

One of the more interesting features of this group is how quick
certain members were to blame me for what Vittorio did AND for what
the Panel itself did not do.

>  However this fact also did not give you the right to pass to
>ANYONE the membership list without each members
>expressed premission.  That you did not and still do not
>have.  Yet you did it regardless, and by a unsecure means,
>FTP.  You sould have first checked to find out if the
>reciepiants of that information have secure systems
>that meet a minimum documented, and excepted
>standard.  Second you sould have used SFTP or
>another form of secure transmission.  You did not do
>so.  Third, you knew that Jefseys PC/System is NOT secure
>as the evidance has been presented to this very forum.
>Forth, you failed to act responsibly as well in that
>it is known that Eric's system is not secure either and
>you did not seek to gather that information before hand,
>or did not even consider such prior to insecurely transmitting
>via FTP, the membership list.

As I've already said at least twice, Jeff, I did not transfer
the files using FTP. (It is beginning to dawn on me that you
may be on the "Drinking Man's Diet" or something, if you are
not actually participating here in the hopes of preventing
this group from becoming a real organization. I've been giving
you the benefit of the doubt for months but ...)

>  So regardless of your weaseling here, you and you predominantly
>are personally responsible even under Canadian law.  Thankfully
>extradition to the US from Canada is not a problem.

Good luck, Jeff. Whatever you are planning to sue me for, it's
unlikely to be an extradictable offense and I have no intention
of setting a foot across the border until there's a "regime
change" south of it.

As to who owns the domain name, whether you liked the results
of the elections which created the first Interim Panel, how
you would like masses of money to be raised to conduct the
new election using a commercial provider, etc. ... none of
these things have anything to do with me.

>> Endless in-fighting will not resolve the stalemate and the Panel
>> refused to speak with one voice until my possession of the
>> membership list and insistence on a Panel motion compelled
>> them to accept the collective nature of their responsibility.

I stand by that comment. This group will either agree to
accept as legitimate an election process whose organization
falls to the sole remaining administrative entity of the group
or will come up with its own agreed-upon alternative. If you
all want to elect an alternative body to handle the elections,
that's fine. If you all want there to be two or three sets
of elections run by different people simultaneously and another
year wasted while you argue about the results, so be it.

As for the rest of your message (which I leave undeleted below),
I can only say that your accusations are misplaced and I don't
much care whether the money you waste is your own or belongs to
people who should know better than to sink it in a frivolous
lawsuit. By the way, you can't seize the wages of somebody
who doesn't get any, and veiled threats of having me imprisoned
or otherwise injured on your say-so - especially when you
continue to falsify the facts - are unlikely to cut much ice
with me OR the courts.

>From Montreal, not Margaritaville,

Judyth