Re: [atlarge-discuss] Report01

Abel and all fellow members,

  Yes this issue especially dealing with Thawte was discussed and
debated over two years ago now on the DNSO GA list.  Seems
that most members here are either unaware of those debates/discussions
or are a bit behind the curve, as they say.  In any event your are quite
right various forms and methods of identifying individuals are available
via electronic means such as suing certs. PGP is yet another.

  As you likely know Abel CA's (Certificate Authorities) are of verying
trustworthiness and some are not trustworthy at all.  This of course
has been publicly known for some time and the FTC has quite a bit
of information available on the subject as I pointed to yesterday.  PKI
is becoming a default standard for ecommerce with several levels
and types of  "Certificates" that verify identity by obtaining such.  Level
one certs' are however not verification quality as you also likely know
as well Abel .

  Frankly, I am rather amazed how many members here are seemingly
so far behind the curve in this particular area as so much publicly
available documentation and information is and has been available for
some time now...

    Pierre Abelard