Re: [atlarge-discuss] Provisional Membership Committee

Jefsey and all fellow members,

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> On 08:04 02/06/03, Sotiris Sotiropoulos said:
> >J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:
> >>
> >>They check your banking account is OK through a returned payment.
> >>If you have several accounts you can have several paypal. You can have
> >>several account with differnt names. Do not confuse an US standard
> >>citizen behaviour with what a cute US person can do and that other
> >>legislations permits.
> >
> >Have you got any better ideas?  If you don't, does that mean we shouldn't
> >use Paypal as one technique because it's not perfect?  That's about as
> >logical an argument as saying that 'because police don't catch every
> >criminal, we should not have police'.  If you have any better ideas,
> >please share them with us.  If not, please do not try to obstruct our work.
>
> You do not need to be perpetually agressive.

  I would characterize the behavior as purposefully
insulting and somewhat misallingned myself.

> I commented that the Paypal solution is a solution which calls for a
> certain organization and risks if you want to operate a clone.

  Very little risk with operating a clone with Pay Pal.  I think
I have now demonstrated that several times already.  If not
I can easily do so again.

> personnally have two paypal accounts to check how it works and could have
> most probably easily a few more. All you need is to manage a banking account.

  No, you don't even need a bank account as I have already demonstrated
now three times right here.  In fact, you don't even need a valid
credit card to open a Pay Pal account as court documents which
I have also provided clearly has shown.

> Now. Yes I have another solution. It will take time and willbe built by the
> @large. That solution calls for development, an agreement I already signed
> and development by banks we are discussing. It will part of the voting
> system I annouced.

  Ok.  But who's going to pay for this development?  Whom will be
the actual owner of the finished product?  Hopefully we or you
are not going to use a Pay Pal account in order to deposit the
funds for the development costs? >:)  Or are you just considering
doing all the development via volunteers?  If the latter, good luck!

> As I annouced it, it will be developped though the @large
> http://apolite.net which is online since this WE as committed.

  Who's the "WE", Jefsey?  Got a mouse in your pocket perhaps?!  >:)

> It is based
> on credit evaluation, ie going through all the credit cards and accounts
> that the Banks may find on a person (and I am sure that this type of
> profiling will increase in (nasty) quality in the coming years.

  Good credit card verification systems online are already available
in the US, and throughout most of the EU.  If you would like,
I can provide some links to some of them.

> This means
> that they work on an unique person, not on an account holder and that
> should the person use another account (non profit, corporate, etc.) he
> would endanger the credit capacity of that organization and this would be
> known to them.

  How do you intend to deal with joint business accounts, independently
owned joint business accounts, Money Market accounts, or Trust
accounts that issue credit cards in the person or persons (If a Joint
account) by said financial institutions.  As you should know, in the US
anyway we through several acts of congress, de-regulated most
financial institutions of most types.

> There are possibilities to fool that approach but bankers
> consider it as 95% more secure than Paypal.

  Yes.  Most other forms of legal accounts are far more verifiable
and accurate than Pay Pal is or will ever be.

  How does any of this address the Provisional Membership Committee
members participation?

> That system will also make sure that no one can reasonably vote twice in a
> vote event if using a pseudonym.

  This is great and also has already been done as well
See: http://surevote.com/ as only one such example now in broad
use.

> Now, your paypal system is an excellent one for this election because it is
> on short notice (Paypal calls for a validation through your bank what may
> require more than the end of the month in many banks - to get the
> transaction nr you need to certify your account and perform a two way payment).

  Pay Pal DOES NOT require any such validation as again I have already
demonstrated.

> If you go on http://jefsey.com you will see that I have a paypal button to
> that end.
> jfc
>
> I have another solution I will develop through
>
> >--Sotiris Sotiropoulos
> >

> >---

    Pierre Abelard