Re: [atlarge-discuss] Provisional Membership Committee

On 08:04 02/06/03, Sotiris Sotiropoulos said:
J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:
At 04:15 02/06/03, Micheal Sherrill wrote:
You claim that you can enter several names under various credit cards for the same account. Have you done this?
They check your banking account is OK through a returned payment.
If you have several accounts you can have several paypal. You can have several account with differnt names. Do not confuse an US standard citizen behaviour with what a cute US person can do and that other legislations permits.
Have you got any better ideas? If you don't, does that mean we shouldn't use Paypal as one technique because it's not perfect? That's about as logical an argument as saying that 'because police don't catch every criminal, we should not have police'. If you have any better ideas, please share them with us. If not, please do not try to obstruct our work.
You do not need to be perpetually agressive.

I commented that the Paypal solution is a solution which calls for a certain organization and risks if you want to operate a clone. I personnally have two paypal accounts to check how it works and could have most probably easily a few more. All you need is to manage a banking account.

Now. Yes I have another solution. It will take time and willbe built by the @large. That solution calls for development, an agreement I already signed and development by banks we are discussing. It will part of the voting system I annouced.

As I annouced it, it will be developped though the @large http://apolite.net which is online since this WE as committed. It is based on credit evaluation, ie going through all the credit cards and accounts that the Banks may find on a person (and I am sure that this type of profiling will increase in (nasty) quality in the coming years. This means that they work on an unique person, not on an account holder and that should the person use another account (non profit, corporate, etc.) he would endanger the credit capacity of that organization and this would be known to them. There are possibilities to fool that approach but bankers consider it as 95% more secure than Paypal.

That system will also make sure that no one can reasonably vote twice in a vote event if using a pseudonym.

Now, your paypal system is an excellent one for this election because it is on short notice (Paypal calls for a validation through your bank what may require more than the end of the month in many banks - to get the transaction nr you need to certify your account and perform a two way payment).

If you go on http://jefsey.com you will see that I have a paypal button to that end.
jfc

I have another solution I will develop through

--Sotiris Sotiropoulos

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.