[atlarge-discuss] Internet Voting...

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:

> BTW I do not think voting on the internet is complex... Running a vote
> on the nets is impossible. Running an e-vote is trivial. Like feeding
> the Cadillac et making your horse drink some gas.

You might be right, although I would suggest it is anything but trivial,
as did the article which URL I posted earlier today.

Over the years, two of the top reasons for making it difficult to report
positively in an attest engagement involving automated procedures is the
lack of documentation that that proves "today," "it" was done "yesterday,"
and the inability to "today" trace specific transactions through all
stages of the process they underwent, "yesterday."

I don't see this getting any easier...but that's my opinion.

--

 ---  REgards, walts@dorsai.org  Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(^) ---
 - -   Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Media Center Edition - HPMC 873n  ---