RE: [atlarge-discuss] http://icannatlarge.com

Abel Wisman wrote:

| I already stated that I am opposed to using the polling booth
| for panel
| votes, a simple use of panel@icannatlarge.org is far more open and can
| withstand all scrutiny.

I assume that Thomas will be adding the names of our new Panel members to
it, and removing the outgoing Panel memebers.  Note that anyone in the
membership can have read-only membership to this forum.

| As I stated in my comments on the by-laws (
| http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0305/msg01279.html ) I
| would like to setup a list of specs a polling method should
| at least carry, meaning that in my opinion it should be
| f.i. open source, accessible up to root level for any
| committee that checks the procedure, allow for
| web & mail voting without dobles and secure privacy for
| voters.

I agree.    Without proper visibility and oversight, any Web-based system is
too subject to manipulation by the Webmaster for us to trust it.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info