Re: [icann-europe] .kids or .kids.us?

From:           	Thomas Roessler <roessler@does-not-exist.org>

> Face it: The only way to get "the internet" to turn away from the
> current set of root servers is to shut them down.

The Net can do this, if it decides to do that step,
by making them worth nothing.
For starting it might be usefull to give the new root-zone
a name that stands for earth and is not occupied as
a "tld" already.
Then make .org also reachable by .org.us."earth"
and so on, having this covered by the old RFC
from the Age of C=64.

It's up to the peoples, the popular Sites have a lot
of power to set standards.

I already did such things several times,
using the web to set standards in real world.

I see the main matter of concern in the unsolved
problem of brand-name protection and still favor
the DNS-Reg as the official overriding one.

Regards,

       Karl