[icann-eu] RE: [icann-europe] .kids or .kids.us?

Dear Joop,
I have been qualified as the biggest ICANN staff supporter in inclusive fora.

On 05:45 05/07/01, Joop Teernstra said:
>>As words may carry some clarification impact and as a tribute to the 4th
>>of July, I will from now on call the iCANN the "USCANN". I think it is
>>more exact and less controversial than the "American Joke" nichname by an
>>European Diplomat. And a clear reminder of what is at stake for us all:
>>an European counter-part.
>
>My estimate is that it will take two years before .eu gets its act
>together. And even then , it will not be a counter-part to ICANN as long
>as ICANN embraces the European telcos. Remember Mr Kraaijenbrink is the
>biggest ICANN staff supporter

The .eu is not supposed to be anything as it is supposed to be three
contradictory things (a TLD for all the Europeans [bduget], a TLD for the
European entreprises and services [Parliament], an Europan e-business
trusted space - what amounts to a virtual state with its own rules and
taxes - [Commissions]). So you are right it will take time.

Mr. Kraaijenebrink is no more Telcos if I understand well - please someone
can comment?

I have strictly nothing against ICANN with a Big I for international or
internet or inclusive. I have a lot against iCANN with a small i for
insidious. I know Mike used it as a trick, but I do like Mike Roberts'
slogan "We the ICANN". The understanding that ".us" is the US ccTLD and the
true role and missions of the USCANN only helps to sort the things out. Who
really knows what is the best for the national/regional CANNs to be?
Private, Govs, Congresses... I think every country may chose. Disengaging
the national concerns from the international technical management is the
best way to stabilize the Internet. You will never remove national
differences, trying to amalgamate them into a rigid model by Louis Touton
leads to Louis and us to stay awaken at night without use.  But you need
these CANN (or NICs) to be served - no ruled - by a central cooperation.

Again, the iCANN/USCANN problem is they want to control the structure of
the Internet while their role is common infrastructure management. They
want to use it as a political tools towards a world governement.  A dream
of technicians from the begining of humanity, commonly used by lawyers and
merchants. Modern Babel Tower. Nothing new under the sun. Think about Louis
Touton's counter-part 3500 years ago, the architect of the Babel
Tower...  That guy did not probably sleep a lot either...

Kiddish and boring.
Jefsey