Re: [atlarge-discuss] Our New Name Isn't...

Curtis and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

  The only big problem here is three fold.  1.) ICANNATLARGE.ORG
was in Jefseys hands and could have been transferred to us for use
as was voted upon by the members, of which Jefsey is one. 2.)
ATLARGE.ORG is also not in our hands and I have yet to see
Marc, post anything regarding these two DN's now in his hands,
contrary to you contention.  Do you have the archived E-Mail
URL that states that Marc is willing to do so?  Please post it
if you do, as I do not see it in the archives for this forum.
3.) We have taken a big step backwards in our democratic
process for this organization as we no longer have an official
DN presence as the members desire, and we have Richards
motion that is seconded that would potentially eliminate
any DN that has the string "ICANN" as part of that DN.
This limits our choices somewhat, and in that I have offered
ICANN-INT-ATLARGE.ORG as well as Jefsey has also
offered ICANN-ATLARGE.ORG, which still resolves, we
may not be able to use them if Richards motion is excepted.

  Ergo in my mind as I have been saying all along, such motions
that would put a limit of this nature upon our yet again need to
select a DN via Richards motion, is restricting us unnecessarily,
impeding progress on other important issues, and shows
how we have now taken a step backwards, when we need to move
forwards quickly and decisively.

  It is true as you state Curtis that we can always determine another
main DN for our purposes.  Sotiris has offered WORLDATLARGE.ORG
for instance.  But we are showing more how we cannot work together
instead of how we can and need to work together...