Re: [atlarge-discuss] To RALO or not to RALO (was: Some Simple Facts...)

At 11:25 06/01/03, Jeff Williams wrote:
Richard and all,
I disagree with you to a point here Richard.  ICANN like any other
organization may form up it's Atlarge structure any way it wishes to
just as ICANNATLARGE.ORG can.
This is questionable in that sense that @large are no part of ICANN, as ccTLDs are no part of ICANN nor RIRs. The ccTLDs, the RIRs do not want any more than we want to be organized by ICANN.

IMHO "@large" means "at large members of the internet governance". What means that we are the active co-owners of the internet, representing the non active ones. As the co-owners meetings in a condo does not ncessarily include all the owners.

To keep the comparison with a condo, ICANN can claim to be the Gate Keeper and the NTIA the Manager slected by the co-owners. The Manager has no right to decide who are the co-owners he wants to relate with. And certainly the Gate Keepr no capacity to decide who the are de co-owners.
jfc