Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] RE: (fwd) [atlarge-panel] draft motion on membership vote

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:53:59 -0800, you wrote:

>Jefsey Morfin wrote:
>
>|  IMHO it is too complex a proposition. It calls for a lot of staff and
>|  effort and it is far too much demaning on the members in term of
>|  understanding of the ICAN situation.
>
>That's why I included "or similar Web-based voting options."  My only
>thought was to accomodate those that dislike e-mail voting and prefer a
>Web-based interface.  But the vote itself is far more important than the
>vehicle we use.

I dislike Web voting because I think we would have a much lower
percentage of voters than by e-mail (let alone the fact that more
people have e-mail access than Web access). As I already told, I am
working on an e-mail voting system similar to the one we borrowed from
the DNSO, and I could run the vote if necessary, or I could give the
software to any trustee to run the vote. So it's not a matter of
"staffing" - it's more a question of what do we want to do.
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---