Re: [atlarge-discuss] The Point of this

James and all,

Jkhan wrote:

>    Thank you Jeff, your observation, and the point of your question is
> well
> taken.

  Ok, and thank you for recognizing that.

> My point in the last string:
>
> I sickens me to see People sitting around waiting for the Bombs to
> drop.
> YES, people are waiting for the "WAR" to start, so we can get the
> wheels
> of the economy moving again, and for what small part that the
> 'Electronic Industrial Complex' plays in it, ... GETS ITs Trickle-Down
>
> *MONEY*

  In part agree with you on this.  However this is not the venue
where such concerns and expressions of same are or should be
expressed or otherwise articulated.

  I would be happy and interested in discussing this at length with
you or anyone.  But again this is not the venue or proper place
for such a discussion to be pursued as ICANNATLARGE.ORG
as far as I know it not an organization that is specifically or ever
broadly presupposed to work on or even consider such issues
of this type...

> It sickens me to see a Panel that will not take a PRO-ACTIVE
> Democrative
> action which would empower the People, instead of the Multinational
> Industrialist Machine. It sickens me to believe that "from the Panel
> the President," everything has been compromised. (for the $$$)

  I agree with you strongly here to the extent that the present "Panel"
is nearly impotent and trying to take the membership in a direction that

it doesn't seem to be wishing to go.  That is why I have called for
their complete replacement some months ago now...

> You used to be able to tell the Good-Guys (Government) from the
> Bad-Guys, but now Government has found its way over to the other side.
>
> [shall we say the 'MF' model (Dr. Milton Friedman,  Economics, Hoover
> Inst.) ]
> In fact, Government has become nothing more than Big Business.

  I am not completely in agreement with you or how you frame your
argument here.  Big business is not always bad, and small business is
not always good.  Never have been.  Governments including particularly
the USG in the present political realities are also not only or
predominantly supportive of Big Business, in fact the Bush
administration is more attune to small business in most respects.

> So what would be the appropriate thing to say at this point? ...Would
> you like some fries with that?

  I prefer Mayo!  >;)  But seriously, the most appropriate thing to say
is nothing unless you can back it up with action, and yes that nasty
stuff called MONEY...  Taking a poll is not action of any real
substance.
Good works, is! Take a lesson from Gandhi or Martin Luther King
for instance.  They went against the trend, and were very successful.
Why?  Well they worked VERY hard, put their own MONEY, effort,
and ideas on the line every day until they were successful.  In other
words they SACRIFICED...

  IN the above vain let me ask you the following and perhaps you can
or should ask yourself these questions in one form or another:

1.) What are any member or any of the members doing on a daily basis
     to gather funding for ICANNATLARGE.ORG or any real serious
     amount?

2.) What can you do to aid in getting the Bylaws written and reviewed
and what
      are you doing to to get them written?

3.) What are you, the panel, or any other member doing to get
     ICANNATLARGE.ORG registered as a legal entity of some
     type that is agreeable to the membership?

4.) What are you or any other member doing to get the Articles of
      Incorporation drafted?

5.) What recent conferences that have been posted to this forum has
     any or most of the members of ICANNATLARGE.ORG attended
     in the past 6 months that are relevant to this fledgling
     organization?

6.) Which or how many members are working (Door Knocking, ect.)
     to gather and grow the membership or this fledgling organization.