RE: [atlarge-discuss] Nominees updated on Voting page

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

| What procedures exactly?  Where were they clearly and
| succintly spelled
| out?

Did you even read the message we sent out?  The procedures and timeing were
clearly spelled out there.

|  From 3 to 2?

Eric has been in on all the decision-making, but has not contributed any of
the technical work to get it done.  It's not his bent.  This is a *user's*
forum, you know.  Not all of us will have deep tech skills.

| What were your objections to Joop's Polling Booth?

Not the Booth.  He sent out his own message to the members for whom he has
addresses, and directed them to his own alternative nominating process
without approval or consultation with anyone in the organization.  That
process confused the members into thinking there were two official methods
to nominate ciondidates.  There was not.  Further, he made no concerted
attempt to ensure the nominations he received via his rogue system were
forwarded to us (he simply pointed us to his Web site and expected us to
glean them ourselves!), and he did not document who seconded the
nominations, choosing to "mass second" all the nominations received on his
site.

| No need to, Joop's already gone to the trouble.  A lot more trouble,
| time, and expense than either you or Jefsey, I might add.

Joop's system has no official status (ICANNATLARGE.ORG is our official site,
remember?!), and we have no oversight over his processes to ensure that
ANYTHING happening on it is not being scrubbed by him to ensure it falls his
way.  I run my own Web site and know how much power the Webmaster has to
control its content.  Without outside monitoring, we have no assurance that
anything developed there is accurate. This is not an indictment of Joop.  It
is only to point out that conducting informal polls is perfectly OK, but
before we trust his system for something as serious as conducting an
election, oversight needs to be put in place.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info