FW: [atlarge-discuss] Bylaws Discussion

@large,

Yes to both.  There is a need for something to start, but this
"beginning" draft needs much work to be made specific to this group.  As
a start on documentation for a formalized ICANN@Large, I did a simple
search for {not-for-profit, "oath of office"} and found this list of
suggestions for any Board of Directors, Panelists, etc.....

The following should be required of every director of an association:
[or Panelist]

1.   I will attend as many meetings as possible and prepare in advance
by reviewing all materials.
2.   I understand that if I miss 3 consecutive meetings without good
cause, the Board can declare my seat vacant and appoint another owner to
complete my term of office.
3.	I will avoid self-dealing and I will place the Association's
interests above my own personal agenda.
4.	I will cooperate with the other directors and follow the rules
of decorum and parliamentary procedure for every meeting, and act in a
courteous and civil manner toward my fellow directors, homeowners,
employees and contractors of the Association.
5.	I will not divulge confidences or sensitive information to
non-directors.
6.	I will not attempt to micro-manage or interfere with the
management of the Association or the performance of Association
contractors.
7.	I will always act within the scope of my authority as a
director/officer and in the best interests of the Association.
8.	I understand that no officer or director has any authority to
act independently and that all Board member responsibilities are a
direct result of the approval of the Board.
9.	I understand that I am the director of a not-for-profit
corporation and I will not directly intervene in any homeowner disputes.
10.	I shall at all times obey the rules of the Association, even if
I disagree with them, and shall remain current in the payment of all
fees and expenses charged by the Association.
11.	I will not make public statements without the express authority
of the Board.
12.	I recognize that I am a fiduciary on behalf of all owners and in
all decision-making by the Board I will attempt to use sound business
judgment.
13.	I will be sensitive to individual differences, respectful of
dissenting opinions and cooperative in implementing the will of the
majority of the Board.
14.	I will at all times make a full disclosure of any potential
conflict of interest, refrain or abstain from voting on any issues that
I have a direct economical benefit and at all times avoid even the
appearance of impropriety.

In the event that I cannot faithfully fulfill my duties as a director or
officer, I shall submit my resignation from the Board. In the event I
violate any of these provisions of my oath of office, I understand that
I can be suspended or removed from my duties as a director and/or
officer.
http://www.kswlaw.com/Library/DailyHerald/BoartOath.htm

Again, obviously, minor wording changes would be needed to make the
above specific to our group.

Sincerely,

TTTT
Jefftttt@txucom.net