RE: [atlarge-discuss] Bylaws Discussion

Joop wrote:

"Joanna does not want a backup organization to guarantee our survival once
the "official" one is captured."
http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg00018.html

Thank you for removing the last remaining doubts I had that this list is
complete waste of my time.  For the record, my proposed amendment to the
Bylaws, Article 1. Name of the Organization, specifically, adds the
following phrase, "once selected,[name of the organization] shall be
registered as a trademark with the relevant authorities."

I can't even be bothered to work out how you arrived at your unfounded
allegation from that statement, but if you want to guarantee survival in any
form, then at the very least you need to:-

1) stop dragging up old archive comments and reposting them out of context
2) stop having conversations with yourself about what members really believe
3) stop undermining the "official" organization by talk of failure and the
need for a "back up"
4) start formulating a critical response to ICANN's ALAC structure for
RALO's which makes this "official" organization an irrelevance.

Instead, you are putting members in harm's way by playing around with
someone else's trademark, as if you're dependant upon ICANN and can't stand
up on your own without their support, if only in name. Your only chance of
getting away with it is if ICANN never takes you seriously enough to send a
cease and desist letter, which in my book is a capture, and one that can
easily be avoided by choosing an original name that is registered as a
trademark from the outset. But hey, what do you care if the "official"
organization can never operate in the US for fear of being sued, you will
have your "back up", right? Right, carry on then.

Other misleading and unfounded allegations deleted.

Joanna