Re: [atlarge-discuss] Provisional Membership Committee

Abel Wisman wrote:

Sotiris,

As long as there is no confirmation on the fact that you are an elected
panel member and as long as the panel as a whole has not voted on WHO is
to "chair" any sort of verification committee I do not see why you keep
railroading this along using procedures that are non isues.

Well, that's been settled and the panel confirmed.

You can send registered letter to f.i. the UK, but IF the reply is
returned, it could be signed by anyone living in that house without the
neccessity of showing id. Onceyou open the door you are only asked if
you are the recipient, a simple yes siffices, so again no proof.

Not exactly. Registered mail *requires* id to be produced at the receiving end, otherwise it won't be delivered. I think the UK equivalent is called Special Delivery. I'm sure if you check with your local post office you will see that I'm correct.

My id was established boyond a shadow of a doubt as were a few others,
why not start with accepting those.
Nobody is to be excluded, I myself will be verified. Why do you balk at being verified Abel?
The few that remain can be verified
by the same committee if the panel, once installed, so wishes.

You can't have it both ways. Either the panel runs the committee or not. Your earlier comments seemed quite clearly in favour of "not", now you're saying something else. Some consistency would be nice. In any case, I now have 5 of the 7 Provisional Membership Committee verified and am waiting for any new volunteers until the 7th, at which time the Provisional Membership Committee will begin verifying all of the Panel Members. Once this has been satisfactorily completed, then we will discuss the who's and whats of the Membership Committee. If you were okay with "jfc" running an entire election in such an ad hoc, dishevelled manner, I see no reason for you to protest this much needed work in progress. Trust needs to be established and that's what I'm doing.
--Sotiris Sotiropoulos