[atlarge-discuss] Joop's quitting the list

On 04:57 23/06/03, Joop Teernstra said:
I am unsubscribing here and see perhaps some of you back on the new moderated members-only list. (soon to be)
Now Joop has the list of the Members and the Chairmanship Plan B is developping as I feared. He will create now is own closed icannatlarge.com organization. After Joanna, Hans, Vittorio this organization has now a new resigned Chair... But, the first one keeping the Panel with him. Ingenious

Is this a bad idea? I tried to delay it in quitting this organization. UMHO It is not a good idea so soon because it prevents this organization to resurect and then to organize in different parties and local chapters and specialized forums, while keeping its uinity. This list and the Panel were he only common meeting places we had. On another hand it will keep the IDNO saga out of icannatlarge.

BTW, I forgot, one of the "Jefsey Shenigan"'s targets was to help protecting _this_ list. I doubt a private members-only@icannatalrge.xxx list can now be created in using authoritatively the list of the Members.

We have five options today.
1. to defend this free list
2. a probable 150 filtered participants members@icannatlarge.xxx
3. the icannatlarge.com forum
4. ALAC
5. world@large stewarded atlarge-members@atlarge;ws list: every decent working or dedicated @large being welcome, being a member of something or not.(not an action, just a service).

My hope was that they could complementary ally. Joop's quitting will probably not help. Anyway I suggest all of us stay open to every proposition. jfc