[ICANN-EU] Re: Controversial [was: Revised version of "Things to Ask for at MDR"]

> At 02:24 10/11/00 +0100, Jeanette Hofmann wrote:
>
> >> Is is decision controversial, just because Crocker, Crispin and Stubbs are
> >> vehemently opposed? Is a decision controversial when the GA votes 68 FOR,
> >> against 3, but the Board itself is evenly divided on it? (the IDNO admission
> >> into the DNSO)
> >
> >Yes.
> >

> Yes to the first or to the second question? :-)

That's, Joop, is for you to figure out ;-)

> May I propose then that our request would be phrased in a different way,
> not negative as a request to postpone, but positive as a request to decide
> "as soon as":
>
> "We would request the Board to decide on the matters that have been
> postponed because of their controversial nature, as soon as the elected at
> Large Board members have been seated."

You may of course propose that, I wouldn't support it though. Your version
assumes that controversial decisions are or would indeed be postponed. Alas,
we havn't got that far yet.

jeanette