Re: [ICANN-EU] ICANN MEMBERS' FORUM: Los Angeles, Nov. 12

Dear Jeannette,
At 22:01 21/10/00, you wrote:
>While I concede that some form of  "boot-strapping" seems to be
>necessary if we want the ALM to get anywhere, we should be very
>careful to avoid the intransparency that we've criticized with regard
>to ICANN's board.

This is a true problem.
I try to work it out is setting up a very service oriented small cell,
for France@large movement. It should manage practical issues
only: site, MLs, meetings, directory, @large development support
as Andy's visit. It should be a shared secretariat including
people from every opinion but believing in the @large benefits for
ICANN. This cell should *never* take any decision except about its
own management. The Chair will be rotating.
It should be like an House Keeper Service in a Parliament.
I am interested in any comment which might help me.

IMHO the organizers of the Nov 12 meeting should have proceeded
in three separated steps:
- announcing the meeting place and time and calling for suggestions
- proposing an agenda
- melting the responses into a tentative agenda.

The results would have probably been more precise and less
"ICANNesk". I suppose we first should thank them for taking the
lead and then help them to adapt to our thinking?
Jefsey