Re: [atlarge-discuss] Question to Vittorio

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 15:24:08 +1200, you wrote:

>Do you not think , Vittorio, that organizing these elections and sending an
>Election Charter and (IMHO ill conceived) Panel Rules to the electorate,
>coupled with possession of the members' email adresses should disqualify
>someone to stand as a Candidate in the same election?

I don't think so, unless you want to say that whoever is a Chairman of
the organization cannot be a candidate for the next panel: I think
that sending the Charter and the official announcement of the election
to all members was simply my duty as the current Chairman. I even
asked the watchdogs whether they would prefer to do it, but there
wasn't much time to think about this and it was simply more practical
for me to do it. Also, having the list of the members is not an
advantage if I don't use it to spam the membership (and I'm not going
to do it, of course).

Moreover, the Election Charter, including the Panel Rules, were
approved by all the present panel, so if this is your reason, you
should ask that all members of the current panel are disqualified from
running.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------