Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: Call for New Webmaster, ICANNatlarge voting reminder

At 01:13 p.m. 31/07/2002 -0400, James Love wrote:
Joop,

1. do you have some special right to mail directly to the membership that no one else has?
Not a special right, a special duty, now there is nobody else to make this necessary posting. Do you have an issue with the content?

2.  What is news@icannatlarge.com ?
An updated Icannatlarge announce list to which the Chair of the new Panel will get the key. The new webmaster will have to keep this list updated.

3. Do you intent to choose your own replacement, or will you allow the elected panel to do this?
The elected Panel must bear the responsibility , or they can let the whole membership endorse their choice.
Please note that I am asking volunteers to publicly post their application so that there will be no back room deals. Is that perhaps what upsets you and Sotiris?

With regards to my involvement in the handover: I think friendly cooperation between the out-going and incoming webmaster and a smooth transition is in the icannatlarge's best interest.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
initial webmaster
www.icannatlarge.com
Sign up and spread the word.