Re: [atlarge-discuss] VB as Chair

Please let's not start listing the failings of the volunteers in this group! We all have made mistakes, and Vittorio has contributed a lot!

I would be more interested to know:
** what does the position of Chair entail?
** Who wants to stand as a candidate and what are their qualifications?

By the way, selection of a Chair is an internal board/panel affair, so this discussion is appropriately held on the panel list.

Hans

At 11:43 PM 8/6/2002 +0200, Giampaolo Bonora wrote:
On Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:26:02 -0400, Sotiris Sotiropoulos
<sotiris@hermesnetwork.com> wrote:

>Vittorio,
>
>Quite bluntly, you failed at being Chair last time round. The fact that you got the most votes could be attributed to other circumstances than just member satisfaction... perhaps you had a few of your colleagues /students register to vote, who knows? In any case, I certainly d not support you as Chair of organization's panel. Tread
>carefully.
>
>All, I recommend anyone in support of Vittorio's being Chair to speak up in his support as there is some dissatisfaction among the new panel with Vittorio's suggestion that he be Chair. Also, I urge those who are against VB as Chair to speak up and be counted.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Sotiris Sotiropoulos

Another like Danny Younger ...
Less propositive, though