Re: [atlarge-discuss] [WG-ID] WoT

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:43:29 -0400, you wrote:

>For consideration by this WG-ID:
>
>I'd like to suggest the Thawte 'Web of Trust' as an excellet schema ALREADY in
>operation worldwide, which has been operating successfully for SEVERAL years
>and has notiaries in MOST countries, AND is a FREE identity verification
>service which will save us a lot of time and energy trying to re-invent the
>wheel.

Yes - in fact, for what I've been told of it, the Web of Trust seems to be a
strong candidate. However I'd like to have more than one method, as I think
that no method will be able to cover 100% of our potential members. Each
person willing to join should be able to choose its identification method
among a list of supported ones that is as inclusive as possible, provided
that such methods grant a sufficient degree of security.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
--------> http://bertola.eu.org/ - Archivio FAQ e molto altro... <--------